Date/Time - Date(s) - 05/10/2023 - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Stretford Public Hall
The decline of the High Street is a recurrent theme in the news. Still, many organisations are trying to reverse this trend by restoring old town centre buildings and giving them vibrant, viable new uses that are attractive to their communities.
Join the Heritage Trust Network at Stretford Public Hall for a day that is jam-packed with talks, tours and networking with those who have completed projects and those who are helping to shape the future of High Streets in England.
This is part of the Network’s Rethinking High Streets programme of events throughout the UK.
What to expect
Here is what and who you can expect on the day:
– Welcome from Heritage Trust Network and an introduction to the ‘Rethinking High Streets’ programme.
– Steven Millington of Manchester Metropolitan University; The Institute of Place Management; ‘The Bigger Picture Overview of British High Streets’
– Ian Tomlinson and Creative Heritage on their experience of The Tyldesley Project, a community-led scheme funded by Historic England to revitalise and transform Tyldesley.
– Chris Wright of Future Everything as they look at creative placemaking in the digital age
– Annoushka Deighton of Architectural Heritage Fund on how they are concluding their Transforming Place Programme, a retrospective look, sharing evaluation findings and offering clues as to what is next.
– Panel discussion with a variety of speakers, including Architectural Heritage Fund, National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic England, Buttress, on the ‘The Future of the High Streets’
– Networking lunch
– Tour of Stretford Public Hall
– Tour of Stretford High Street
Thanks to players of the National Lottery for making this event possible.
Tickets are £80.00 from Eventbrite.
Network, Partner and Supporter members can book for £40. You should have received an email with a code to access the discounted tickets. Click the red ‘Get tickets’ button and enter your code in the box that says ‘Promo Code’. The discounted ticket options will be revealed.
If you did not get the code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is one of a series of face-to-face events on Rethinking Town Centres and high Streets across the United Kingdom.
Other dates and locations are as follows and are now available to book via Eventbrite:
Tuesday 5th September – Stirling
Thursday 5th October – Manchester
Tuesday 24th October – Lurgan
Wednesday 1st November – Reading
If you would like to join the Heritage Trust Network and save £40 with the discounted ticket price, please go online to find out more information.
Annual membership starts from just £100.
Heritage Trust Network is the UK’s umbrella organisation for not-for-profit organisations that are rescuing, restoring and managing historic buildings and places.
Join today at www.heritagetrustnetwork.org.uk/members/join-us/